The first part of the BITE project Training Series has been completed.
During the weekend 11/1-12/1 25 participants, migrants with Sub Saharan African origins, attended the Training in ACEin – Athens Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Athens.
During the 2-days Training the participants followed the first Lab Sessions and the first part of the Multistakeholder Workshop.
Each Lab adopts a learner-based approach to facilitate skills development through simulations, complemented by a skills self assessment. The Labs Session was supervised by an expert mentor with migrant background, covering the 2 issues: Communication and Sales
During the first part of the Multistakeholder Workshop representatives from: Local Authorities involved in migration, CSOs active in integration projects, Entrepreneurial ecosystem stakeholders policy were invited:
- Mrs Dora Trachana, Associate in UniFund Investment Management
- Mr Yonous Muhammadi, President of the Greek Forum for Refugees
- Mr Moussa Sangre, President of the Ivorian Community in Greece/Communauté ivoirienne de la Grèce
- Mr Adedeji Adetayo, CEO and Founder of Dejafrique Records, Artist
- Μr Michael Afolayan, General Secretary of Nigerian Community in Greece & Director of ANASA African Center for African Art and Cultures
- Mr Georgios Papanikolaou, Founder Geopedia
The main points of this part of the workshop was to inform the stakeholders about the creation of a Toolbox, its aims and objectives, the BITE project next steps and the stimulation of productive dialogue among various stakeholders. It was a great opportunity for networking and interaction between the participants and the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Special thanks to Mrs Sidonie Sandrine who made an amazing contribution to the project by enabling the participants to interact and exchange thoughts and ideas through her expertise in Brand and Marketing consulting and training. Her communicability in learning and her business experience formed the perfect knowledge environment to introduce the participants in the world of entrepreneurship.